Thursday, November 15, 2012

got my gen4 stuff and installed it all today!


got my gen4 shit today, wich you can see is so fuckin beast like its awesome...

they look like aftermarket rods and pistons.

full floating wrist pin instead of a pressed, and the rod is a H beam style instead of a I beam hopefully much stronger, as i know people with gen4 shit making more power than me and not bending anything.

gapped all my rings to 28-30 so its ready for some abuse.
i plan to hit it with 30lbs if the ignition system will let me.

motors built, reused the ls1 head gaskets, and slammed it all in and bolted up the trans and connected a few things, and thats where i am quitting for the day, think i might do a compression check tomorrow as soon as i get the converter tight and put the starter in, to see what kinda compression its at now, since it has flat top 5.3 pistons in it now, gunna have more squish











2 comments:

  1. Any chance you weighed the new LS2 style combo?

    No need to rebalance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i did not weigh any of it, it was a stock rotating assembly so i didnt bother.

      Delete